Class C Driver Salary Range: $17.00/hr – $22.00/hr
This job operates in a warehouse and driving a Class C truck for the purpose of delivering products to customers. Must document routes to include pre-trip and post-trip documentation and Department of Transportation (DOT) logs in accordance with DOT regulations. Drivers are regularly required to perform heavy lifting. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time, especially in a truck while delivering customer orders and commuting in heavy Southern California traffic. Must be able to stand, walk, bend, twist, stoop and reach with arms. Overtime hours and working weekends and holidays are often required to successfully deliver Company products to customers and may be required to travel overnight on occasion. Job functions must be performed in all weather conditions. Must effectively communicate face-to-face with others and represent the Company in customer interactions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year over the road verifiable Class A or Class B driving experience
- At least 21 years of age or older
- Current valid Class C Driver’s license
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- No major driving violations (DUI, DWI, alcohol related violation, reckless, negligent, hit and run, leaving scene of an accident, etc.) within the past five (5) years
- Must pass a drug and alcohol test
- Must pass a physical examination
- Must successfully pass road test
- Must know and understand DOT laws and have experience with the DOT logging system
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English to interact with staff, customers and the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals, to respond to official inquiries, and to complete DOT documentation requirements and make reports.
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate and cooperate with our customers, the public and the Company staff at all times
- Must be dependable, reliable and able to work flexible work shifts
- No conviction of any felony or crime associated with theft in prior 10 years
- Good character, professional appearance and good attitude
If you are interested in steady full-time work in an upbeat environment, then we want to hear from you!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org